Geolocation using IoT
Digita’s nation-wide LoRaWAN network utilises LoRa (Long Range) technology, which is the first technology in the world to be developed specifically for the Internet of Things and has already grown to become a global telecommunications standard. IoT solutions based on LoRaWAN are inexpensive, long-lasting and practically maintenance free. The sensors they utilise are lightweight and simple to install, and they have a battery life of up to ten years.
To us, IoT sensor technology is not just a rosy vision of the future but an everyday reality – all the sensors and other equipment we offer can be found in our warehouse today.
LoRaWAN’s geolocation potential
Geolocation services have seen a significant rise in popularity as the technology has matured. Digita’s LoRaWAN network allows for devices and equipment to be monitored flexibly and cost-effectively in applications where monitoring using traditional solutions is difficult, such as in the logistics, construction and equipment rental industries.
Technology based on the LoRaWAN network offers a number of advantages for geolocation service developers:
- The positioning devices are inexpensive, recyclable, easy to install and practically maintenance free.
- The devices’ batteries are energy-efficient and last several years.
- Bluetooth functionality allows for materials to be tracked without an employee present.
- In addition to geolocation, the devices can also be used to measure temperature.
- The data collected by the network can be used to create useful monitoring reports.