Digita’s national transmission and broadcasting network has expanded to the world of IoT. Digita´s high masts and two-way LoRa™ technology enables its users to control different kinds of devices simply and cost-effectively. Digita is a stable domestic operator offering a complete infrastructure for IoT as a service platform for partners’ solutions. Forerunners are already using Digita’s network in their own IoT solutions.
Using Digita's nationwide covering LPWA(Low Power Wide Area), LoRa is next-generation’s radio technology that has been especially designed to meet the needs of IoT. It has a low price and power consumption, and excellent range that make it compatible with various types of wireless data gathering and monitoring solutions. LoRa uses similar kind of spread-spectrum technology that is used in mobile phones - the received signal can be recognized below the noise level.
For many customers of Digita, it is crucial to develop IoT-services without complicated local network or gateway solutions in properties. Especially the energy sufficiency, smart city and smart metering endeavours of clients make use of Digita's advanced network.
“We in Digita believe that IoT technology will revolutionize our daily lives. It can already be used to monitor conditions in warehouses, the use of devices, and access control systems. In the future, the network can also be made to locate data terminal equipment, which will allow us to expand our services to tracking parcels and pets, for example. In theory, there is no limit to the kinds of applications that are possible”, says Ari Kuukka, Director, IoT of Services at Digita.Contact us:
Director, IoT Services
Tel. +358 40 149 7942
Head of Sales, IoT Services
Tel. +358 44 231 8030
Sales Manager, IoT Services
tel. +358 400 721 700
IoT News from Digita:
- Press release 24.1.2018: Digita and Empower to cooperate in developing smarter business for industries through IoT
- Press release 9.11.2017: Digita’s IoT network expands rapidly – reading of water meters is facilitated
- Press release 1.11.2017: The joint Future City Challenge project of IBM, Digita and Etteplan is starting – assemble your team for a Finland-wide IoT innovation competition
- Press release 17.10.2017: Digita and Smartblock’s cooperation creates even smarter workspace solutions – pilot shown at IBM Watson Helsinki Summit
- Customer case: Matalog brings boats into the age of IoT »
- Press release 22.6.2017:Reindeer husbandry benefits from IoT technology »
- Press release 16.6.2017: Network operator Digita and Wapice jointly develop industrial IoT solutions »
- Press release 10.3.2017: Digita invests heavily in the development of the IoT network »
- The Internet of Things provides new horizons to the real estate sector »
Join us in developing the city of the future!Together Digita, IBM and Etteplan are organising the first nationwide competition of Finland to design innovative solution and applications that make everyday life in cities easier. The cities involved in the competition are Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, Oulu, Jyväskylä and Tampere. Each city will provide the competing teams with several real-life challenges.
Read more on the Future City Challenge competition page.